Instructions on how to create a Friedrich Vordemberge Gildewart painting : Composition NO
* Example of Friedrich Vordemberge Gildewart painting : Composition NO.
*A2 size blank paper
* 1 x 30 cm ruler
* 1 HB pencil
* Different shades of paint - three
* 2 paintbrushes - 1 thick brush & 1 thin brush.
* Old t - shirt ( optional)
1. Plot dots on every 5 cm horizontally on your A2 paper.
2. Place your ruler horizontally against the dots to make a line , now slowly drag your pencil against your ruler to make one big line. Keep doing this, and it should create your lines horizontally across the page.
3. Plot dots on every 5 cm vertically.
4. Place your ruler vertically against the dots to make a line, now slowly drag your pencil against your ruler to make one big line. Keep doing this, and it should make lines vertically across yor page.
5. Number your boxes so you can use your coordinates. The numbers should be on the border of your grid, vertically and horizontally. Horizontally the numbers should be up to 11 and vertically it should go up to 8.
6. Starting off will be hard , but to help you use the coordinates I will help you draw the first shape. From (1,3) vertically to (1,4) horizontally, draw your line to make one big triangle.WARNING:Remember these coordinates are at the top left corner.
7.Drawing the next triangle it will be much easier. From there (2,4,) draw the line straight down, this triangle should be inside the triangle we just drew.
WARNING: Remember these coordinates are at in the top left corner, but inside the triangle we just finished.
8. Drawing this triangle won’t be as easy as the last but I’m pretty sure you will be able to finish it. First, you will have to measure ( 7, 2) and then rule it straight down to make a triangle. ( You will also have to draw an outline).
WARNING: Remember these coordinates should make a triangle in the bottom left hand corner.
9. Make another triangle but bigger than the last few ones. the coordinates should be from (5, 8) vertically and (8, 11) horizontally.
WARNING: Remember these coordinates should make a triangle in the bottom right hand corner.
10. Draw another triangle. These coordinates should be from (8, 9 ).
WARNING: Remember to draw this triangle inside the triangle we just drew.
11. Draw all of the coordinates, you should be able to do the rest.
12. Use your eraser to lightly erase the grid lines once you have finished.
WARNING: Remember not to erase you lines that you are going to paint in.
13. Pick your 3 acrylic colours you are going to use.
WARNING: Remember one of your acrylic colours has to be white.
14. Paint the three darkest areas on your paper.
15. Continue painting shapes, but they have to be the same shade.
WARNING: Remember to add white throughout all your shades.
16. Paint the shapes outside using a different colour. Use your third acrylic paint to paint the outside shape
WARNING: Remember to your third colour has to be a colour that will stand out.
17. Now, you can do touch ups in case your artwork looks rough.
18. Spray your artwork with hairspray to give it that sparkling look.