Monday, June 29, 2015

Anzac Biscuits Recount By Marieta



Today I have made a recount about my ANZAC biscuits I really love making them in my life

My time making Anzac Biscuits!!!!!


“Yummy!” I said to Nyjah when we were about to make Anzac biscuits. I was almost about to scream out loud saying WOOHOO!!!!. We all worked as a team together.

The first thing we had to do was to get 100 grams of butter. We did this by adding 50 grams and 50 grams together. There were two segments because 50 grams + 50 grams = 100 grams. It was hard for Mele to cut the butter so Miss Paton helped Mele by cutting the butter first. Mele put the butter into the pot. Then the next thing we had to do was add in one tablespoon of golden syrup into the pot. Shailah had this job.

After that Miss Paton took Nazanin and shailah to melt the butter and golden syrup on top of the stove while Mr Engineer read to us a story about World War one.

The next thing we had to do was to mix the flour, sugar, rolled oats, coconut together. Then we had to add ½ teaspoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of boiling water. Miss Paton mixed this in a cup.

Then it was my favourite time. We had to mix all the ingredients together. When it was mixed nicely we had to get the dough and put it on the tray. We had to measure the biscuits 4 centimetres apart. We rolled the dough into balls and flattened it with a fork.

But as soon we were finished they were 20 biscuits.So what we did was to make 1 more batch so we could have enough.

Miss Paton took Aung Naing, Liam and Taylor to the hall kitchen to put the biscuits into the oven.

When it was lunch time Miss Paton came back with the biscuits. Everyone was happy when the biscuits were ready. We took one biscuit at lunch time and had another biscuit before we went home.

When I tasted the biscuits it tasted like coconut with melted butter. I felt like I was in heaven with beautiful flowers moving around for me.

After that Miss Paton photocopied the recipe so that room 7 could show their parents, what they made at school. I had a really fun time making Anzac biscuits.

No comments: